FREE SPECIAL OFFERS AND DISCOUNTS
Sign up for FREE today and receive photography session special offers and discounts in your email inbox! How great is that?!
A first impression is typically made in the first 8 seconds of meeting someone. For more and more people, those 8 seconds begin the moment your social media profile picture is viewed. You need to take advantage of every second if you are a professional on LinkedIn interviewing for a key position at a reputable company.
That is exactly why we created this Top 5 Tips for the Best LinkedIn Headshots list:
- Be Current – The best LinkedIn headshot for you represents the current “you” and not the “you” from 30 years ago when you led the cheer squad or football team.
- Keep it Professional – Photos of you at a wedding, with your pet, at a beach belong on Facebook to thrill your friends and family. They do not belong on LinkedIn. Sorry.
- Focus On You – You need to stand out on your own. For that reason alone, you should never use a group photo. Besides, if you are shown in a group photo, you will likely confuse a prospective employer since they will not know which person is you.
- High Quality – Hiring managers judge the book by the cover and your headshot is the first thing they will see. Just like you would not consider taking a couple of Polaroid images if you were trying to sell your house, the same thing goes for your professional image. Don’t settle for anything less than a professional photographer.
- No Avatars – Do not use a cartoon or caricature image of yourself – unless you are an professional illustrator or clown. Most of use aren’t.
I recently had the opportunity to work with Kathryn for a professional headshot session in the studio. They turned out GREAT are help represent her as a true professional! If you are in Metro Detroit and interested in scheduling a session for a professional headshot, we would love the opportunity to work with you. Please feel to contact us online or 313-883-9500 to discuss available dates and times.