Reach the professional photography, fashion and modeling community in new ways by becoming a Guest Writer for our blog!
Guest Writing Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to share your knowledge and help build your online credibility. You may have years of industry experience, but you truly aren’t putting them to use unless you’re helping those around you.
Criteria of a Guest Writer
We aren’t the best writers in the world nor do we expect you to be! We’re simply looking for experienced industry professionals that can share their passion in a clear and concise way. It’s a journey that we want to share with you!
Here are some basic standards that you must meet:
- Able to write simply and concisely (a minimum of 300 words per article – preferable 500 words)
- Be an experienced photographer, retoucher, agent/agency, model/actor, hair stylist, makeup artist, fashion designer, wardrobe stylist … well … you get the idea!
- Already have a blog or a website that we can link to in your author biography
- Provide links from your website/blog to all articles we publish for you here
- Use Gravatar to associate your author avatar to your blog posts
- Be open to having your blog post critiqued and edited (This is usually for better search engine optimization)
- Encourage others to leave blog comments and respond to them in a timely and civil manner
Blogging Do’s and Don’ts
- Do have FUN!
- Do encourage others to leave comments on your blog posts.
- Do follow up and reply when others leave comments.
- Do publish new, fresh content.
- Do update your author biography and include a link to your website or blog.
- Don’t post about religion, politics or any other sensitive topics.
- Don’t post anything of an “adult” theme.
- Don’t repost an article already on the internet (including your own website or blog).
- Don’t use this opportunity to post affiliate links or drive SEO for your own website.
- Don’t include any images not photographed by the Creative Team at Paul Manoian Photography.
Topics To Write About
Here are a few idea starters
- Photography tips, tricks and tutorials
- Camera equipment
- Photoshop and Lightroom tips, tricks and tutorials
- Makeup, hair and styling tips
- Tips for models/actors getting started
- Interviews with well-known as well as up-and-coming photographers, designers, stylists, etc
- Marketing and business advice
Expectations of Our Guest Writers:
By writing for our blog, you are providing us with the rights to use your articles indefinitely and they may not be published elsewhere. Also, we retain to right to edit your article as we deem appropriate for better alignment with our brand and for search engine optimization. Finally, we are a FAMILY ORIENTED business, all content must be Rated G!
Pitch Your Idea!
Please send us your idea for a blog article or series using the form below. We will contact you and let you know if we believe it is a good fit. If we are able to use your idea for a post, we will create a Guest Writer account on our site and you will be on your way to reaching a new audience!
NOTE: By using this form, you are agreeing to the guest blogging requirements list on the page.