FREE SPECIAL OFFERS AND DISCOUNTS
Sign up for FREE today and receive photography session special offers and discounts in your email inbox! How great is that?!
It only takes 8 seconds to make a first impression. Unfortunately, those 8 seconds start the moment someone first sees your online profile picture. If you a professional on LinkedIn, those 8 seconds can make or break the deal if you are being considered for a key position at a reputable company.
So, the big question is, “What makes the best LinkedIn headshot?”
That is why I have pulled together this Top 5 Tips for the Best LinkedIn Headshots list:
- Go Solo – Never use a group photo. You need to stand out on your own. Besides, if you are show in a group, how will a prospective employer know which person is you?
- Keep it Professional – Photos of you at a wedding, with your pet, at a beach belong on Facebook to thrill your friends and family. They do not belong on LinkedIn. Sorry.
- Stay Current – We all have favorite photos of ourselves, so it seems logical that we would use one. However, a professional profile image needs to represent the current “you” and not the “you” from 30 years ago when you were the captain of the football team or cheer squad.
- High Quality – If you were going to sell your home, would you take a couple of Polaroid images, throw them on a scanner and post them? Of course not! The same thing goes for your professional image. Hiring managers judge the book by the cover and your headshot is the first thing they will see. Don’t settle for anything less than a professional photographer.
- No Avatars – Unless you are an professional illustrator or clown, don’t use a cartoon or caricature image of yourself.
I recently had the opportunity to work with Ricardo for his professional LinkedIn headshots in the studio. Simply put – they look GREAT! If you are in Metro Detroit and interested in scheduling a session for a professional LinkedIn headshot, I would love the opportunity to work with you. Please feel to contact me online or 313-883-9500 to discuss available dates and times.