FREE SPECIAL OFFERS AND DISCOUNTS
Sign up for FREE today and receive photography session special offers and discounts in your email inbox! How great is that?!
8 seconds. That is all you get to make a first impression in the plugged-in social media world. You had better use them to your advantage with the best LinkedIn headshot you can!
So, the big question is, “What makes the best LinkedIn headshot?” A special background? A certain photographic lighting setup? In the studio or on location?
Those are all great questions to ask, but there are more basic items to consider that we put together this Top 5 Tips for the Best LinkedIn Headshots list:
- Go Solo – The focus should be on you! So, never use a group photo.
- Keep it Professional – Wedding photos and cell phone selfies belong on Facebook. They don’t have a place on professional networking sites. Sorry.
- Stay Current – Even though that photo from 20 years ago is still your “favorite”, you need maintain a “current” image. Try to use a professional image that is no more than 2 years old if possible.
- High Quality – You would never consider selling your home using scanned Polaroid images … would you? Hiring managers judge the book by the cover and your professional headshot is the first thing they will see. Don’t settle for anything less than a professional photographer.
- No Avatars – Don’t use a cartoon or caricature image of yourself … unless you are an professional illustrator or circus clown.
We recently had the opportunity to work with Kevin for an in-studio headshot session. He put our tips to good use and his images look incredible! If you are in Metro Detroit and need updated branding images for your social media profile, we would love to hear from you! Please feel to contact me online or 313-883-9500 to discuss available session dates and times.